The mandate of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) is to promote the peaceful use and development of space, to advance the knowledge of space through science, and to ensure that space science and technology provide social and economic benefits for Canadians.
A steady pipeline of highly skilled workers is critical to sustaining Canada’s leadership in a globally competitive space economy and in unlocking the space sector’s full potential. The CSA is committed to equipping Canadians with the information, tools and opportunities they need in order to thrive in the jobs of the future. To do so, CSA leverages the unique ability of space to inspire young Canadians to pursue studies in STEM and eventually space careers. CSA’s activities targeting post-secondary students and young professionals equip them with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to enter the space workforce.
CSA’s STEM activities focus on:
- Increasing awareness about space and interest in STEM;
- Providing hands-on experience;
- Supporting educators and post-secondary space research;
- Involving students in CSA projects and activities; and,
- Developing and promoting excellence.
For information regarding the CSA’s STEM activities, please visit the following pages:
- English: CSA Funding programs and opportunities for students, academia and industry;
- French: Opportunités offertes par l’Agence spatiale canadienne
- Resources and activities to stimulate youth interest in STEM.